Choosing a The Right Realtor for your Listings
After meeting with clients who’s home had not sold from we asked one question:
Q: How did you select your past agent
1. From a Magazine ad – however never met the agent prior to signing
2. The Agent was physically attractive –a bad reason, AND the photo was 10 years old
3. The Agent had a very expensive sports car – thus must be successful
4. Because they have a lot of listings – as it turns out they have a lot of unsold and lost listings
5. Because of their reputation – However that agent turns over all of the work to the ‘team’
6. They are a relative, neighbor, or close friend – Qualification and experience do not come into play
7. Someone who sold my friends home in LA – No local market expertise, and do not live locally
8. An add to get a discount on Commission – No results, and additional add-on costs came into play
9. Whom sold us the house 25 years ago – May not be actively entrenched in the market
10. Chose from several agents that called to re-list – Gave a new person a chance
Some or all of these prior parties might be fine Real Estate professionals, and perhaps the reason a property did not sell has nothing to do with the representation, however, you owe it to yourself to do select the an agent that will do the job for you.
YOUR OBLIGATION TO YOURSELF: Plan a sit down face-to-face meeting with the agent that you are entrusting to represent the sale of what might be your largest financial asset. Make certain that ANY and ALL individuals that are going to be representing your property are present at the meeting and determine who will be doing what. Prominent Listings Agents often have little or no actual involvement on the day to day management of the listing, and leave the duties to new agents.
Honest, personal, individualized service from Lux-RE-Homes is unmatched.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US AS YOUR AGENT:
YOUR REALTOR’S OBLIGATION TO YOU – we promise to:
· Set forth a marketing plan of how they effectively will expose your property to buyers
· Activities that will involve the Realtor community to showcase the property to their clients
· Provide continual updates of all aspects of your transaction,
· Keep you abreast of all developments, buyer feedback and any offer consideration.
· Constant review of strategies and considering with respect to price adjustments as needed.
· Changing direction on strategy if they are not successfully generating showings or offers
MUTUAL OBLIGATION BETWEEN REALTOR AND CLIENT – Your Realtor needs to commit best efforts and resources to market your home. Where you have carefully selected your agent, you need to maintain an open dialogue of your feelings throughout the transaction and extend the courtesy to honor the terms of the listing agreement so your agent can perform their duties knowing you are committed to the long term. If you feel your agent is satisfying your needs yet the property is not selling, work together to modify the marketing efforts or modify the pricing for success. Changing Agents not only causes delays in your selling your home, iand confuses buyers. .