TOP TEN BUYING TIPS
1. Have your financing Pre-Approved - or for cash buyers, have your fund liquid so you can pounce when the right opportunity strikes. Not only is having ready and available funding a position of negotiating strength, it is a pre-requisite of most sellers. This will give you a basis your purchase price range.
2. Research home pricing on our site - Become educated to the areas that best meet your lifestyle but within your affordability range.
3. Need to sell your home first? - Have your home prepared for sale, have it be listed and at least in escrow, before you seriously consider offering on homes to purchase, as seller's are reluctant in this market to consider an offer that requires a sale contingency.
4. Make a list 'Must Haves', and 'Deal Killers' so you can identify property features early in the process that may to a satisfactory purchase and eliminate properties that in the end will not suit your needs. Share this list with your realtor.
5. Make a list of property feature preferences, and prioritize what aspect is most important to you. Share this list with your realtor.
6. Set up an 'automated search' so that our system will notify you of properties that meet your specific criteria and we will send you an email for each of these properties for your review.
7. Commit to personal time to driving through areas of interest with all decision making parties and evaluate neighborhood options before scheduling property viewing. You are actually buying 'the neighborhood' first and the property second. The ideal home, in an undesirable neighborhood will not work out in the long run.
8. Once you have zeroed in on your neighborhood options, create a consensus of the type of properties and the must-have features, and schedule showings for those that match most of your criteria.
9. Have a good understanding of fair market value, and make an offer that you are comfortable with leaving some margin to increase the offer should you be presented with a counter offer.
10. Rely on the expertise and consultation of your duly appointed Lux-RE-Homes Realtor, we have led the process on a multitude of transactions, and we are your fiduciary and we want you to be satisfied with the process and the end result.
THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF ALL IS HAVING A LUXURY & COASTAL BUYER'S AGENT
REPRESENTING YOUR BEST INTERESTS AT THE BEGINNING STAGE OF THE PROCESS AS TO NOT FOREFIT YOUR RIGHT TO BUYER'S AGENCY REPRESENTATION TO A LISTING AGENT. LISTING AGENTS ARE OBLIGATED TO SERVE THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE SELLER ONLY, AND TO NEGOTIATE YOUR BEST PURCHASE ARRANGEMENT, AND TO BE SURE OF FULL DISCLOSURE, THOROUGH DUE DILIGENCE, AND A SMOOTHE TRANSACTION WITH ALL SALES COMMISSION PAID BY THE SELLER.